Need To Get Rid Of Rats?
Summit Pest Control technicians are knowledgeable about a variety of rat control techniques. We inspect the area for possible entry points. We seal all holes and nooks we find; this way, the rats can’t escape when we start trapping them. Once set up, trapping techniques are employed. These techniques include repellant placement in hiding places, fumigation, and exclusion. If the infestation is very serious, we use lethal methods such as traps and rodenticides. As sanitation is critical for preventing future issues, Summit carefully removes all rat traps, droppings, and waste. After cleaning, we educate residents on methods for rat prevention.
Damage Caused By Rats
Rats and mice can cause structural damage to any building through gnawing, nest-building, and defecation:
- Hidden rat nests burrowed into furniture
- Fire hazards as rats chew through electrical wire insulation
- Rat feces is a breeding site for fungal illnesses and parasites
- Damage to stored items as rats forage for material to line their nests with
- Contamination of food with urine, droppings, and hair
Statisticians estimate that rats destroy 20 percent of the world’s food supply every year by feeding, and indirectly through contamination.
In most instances, rats are very wary. Hundreds may be nesting in a city block in underground burrows, in sewers, on roofs, inside buildings with few people in the area realizing it. Within a population, some rats will be easy to control, some difficult.