WHAT ARE TERMITES:
Most of us find out we have a termite problem by discovering bits of hollowed out wood, generally located around the perimeter of our homes and its foundation. Another tell-tale sign is when one taps on wood and it sounds hollow. Termites are social insects and live in colonies with specific roles. There are workers, soldiers, reproductives and even queens. As a colony matures, it may release winged males and females – or “swarmers.” If they survive, swarmers will settle, shed their wings and form a new colony. Eastern Subterranean Termites typically create their homes in mud and dirt and then use tunnels they create to go above ground for their food sources. Drywood Termites are the common pests that make their way into your home, from the walls to the furnishings. They can gain entry through small openings, during renovation processes, or bringing in infested furnishings.
HOW WE GET RID OF TERMITES?
Generally, termites cannot be controlled with do-it-yourself measures.
- Eliminate or reduce moisture in and around the home, which termites need to thrive.
- Repair fascia, soffits and rotted roof shingles.
- Monitor all exterior areas of wood, including windows, doorframes and skirting boards for any noticeable changes.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Consider scheduling a professional inspection annually. Wood-boring insect damage is not covered by homeowners’ insurance policies.
Variable. Call us for a free, no obligation quote.
WHY ADDRESS THE PROBLEM:
It goes without saying that termites cause serious structural damage. Termites can chew through furnishings, wood floors, interior items, and house foundation. Not only does this cause trouble for a home’s residents but may also affect the resale value of your home.
TERMITE SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Full termite control services
- Termite inspection services for real estate, WDI (wood destroying insects) reports, FHA loans, and VA reports
- Termite extermination